Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break! - Year of Jewelry 2011 - Week 11

The theme for this week's Year of Jewelry Project is "Think Spring". For most of the US, it's been a very long winter and everyone is eager for spring to arrive. Officially, it's right around the corner - Sunday, March 20th! I won't be able to take a spring break this year, but I long for beautiful, tropical ocean views. My favorite beaches are in SW Florida. Where are your favorite beaches?
In honor of the arrival of Spring, I've created the pendant pictured on the left. It's titled "Spring Break". The luscious color of these chalcedony stones remind me of a tropical beach. They are set in fine silver and backed with sterling silver. All of the silver is polishes to a high shine. The pendant measures 1-7/8" long and hangs on a 16" sterling silver box chain. You can view the necklace in my etsy shop here.
Now let's all ban our black sweaters and break out the colorful pastels! Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Your necklace is gorgeous - absolutely love that color of stone...it does remind one of the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandi. It is such a soothing color; makes me sigh.

    ReplyDelete