Sunday, March 22, 2009

A marathon jewlery making weekend

I spent the entire weekend making jewelry. Neglected the house and the hubby. I'm going to MN in a few weeks and several people have told me they are eager to see my things, so I want to bring as much variety as I can produce and I want to bring things they haven't seen before. I'm excited to show off my work to friends and family!

I got a nice shipment of wire last week, so I have many types and wire gauges in stock to do whatever I want to do! Options are a very thing! I put aside my sheet metal for the weekend and got back to wire work; a nice comfortable place to be for me. I made several items and got a good start on a few more. I did some fine silver fusing (fire! - my favorite) and need to finish some clasps for them and oxidize a few other items. I listed some this weekend and will continue to list other items throughout the week.

I had a strand of lapis beads and made a necklace out of them, but I'm just not happy with it. The edges of the spacer beads are blunt and scratch my neck when I tried it on, so I'll have to come with another plan. I hate taking things apart and re-doing them, but it always comes out better the second (or third) time around anyway.

I've also been working hard to make my photos better. I usually just use Office picture manager to edit my photos, but this weekend I downloaded Picassa photo editor, which I've used in the past for real estate photos. Can't quite get the hang of it yet and I need to review some of the software's basics before I can use the shots I've edited there. It does have some flexibility that office doesn't have, but it's missing the ability to have complete control over the size of the picture, which I don't want to give up. Maybe I'm just missing that part of the software.

The cats will sleep well tonight - I've put away my hammer and steel pounding block for the evening!

I hope you had a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that was an EXCELLENT weekend. Beautiful items.

    I think I need to increase my wire supply and add some more gauges too. Time to put together another order for Rio.

    Your mastery with wire is just wonderful. Great inspiration for me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy -

    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Lemonade Award, well deserved my friend. Details at my blog (http://kathleenkrucoff.blogspot.com/2009/03/lemonade-award.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you accomplished a lot. Very nice. I love fusing,love my torch too. It's always fun to see what the metal does. Sometimes it has a mind of it's own.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete