Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lydia's Filly - new website supports a great cause!


One of my facebook/blog/etsy friends, Michelle of Lydia's Filly has just designed her own website. She makes and beautiful jewelry, but another wonderful part of her business is that she donates a portion of her profits to a great cause. She is supporting Operation Mend, an organization that helps wounded military get the reconstructive surgery they need. She sells her jewelry through her etsy shop.

She also has an Artist Spotlight on her website and has put my etsy shop in that category right now. Like Michelle, I donate the profits from some of my jewelry (the Awareness Collection line) to a worthy cause, breast cancer research, to the American Cancer Society's "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" walk. The earrings pictured to the left are part of my Awareness Collection line.

I think it's wonderful when artists use their talents to help support their favorite cause. There is so much need out there and I truly believe we all need to do our part in helping whenever we can.

Thank you, Michelle for including my shop on your site and for your thoughtfullness and caring for others. Be sure to visit and support Michelle's etsy shop and her website, Lydia's Filly today!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous earrings, and wonderful that both of you are so generous! I'll check out her site now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, you write as beautifully as you create jewelry. Thanks for mentioning my shop and including the links - especially Operation Mend. I wish I could do more for our wounded warriors.

    ReplyDelete