Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Work



Happy New Year! I thought I'd change things up a bit this year and create some smaller, more feminine designs to utilize some of my newer stone setting skills. I personally prefer wearing smaller, unique statement jewelry and find that a lot of my clients appreciate seeing some smaller options as well.

The first piece I made this year is a lovely little blue sea glass pendant with a decorative step bezel setting. It sold one day after I listed it in my etsy shop. Thank you!


This second piece is a teeny tiny, Peruvian blue opal in a bullet shape. I set it in a standard bezel of sterling silver. The color is just dreamy and has some little dendrites on one side. The stone was cut by Out of Our Mines Lapidary. I love their stones. It's listed in my etsy shop here: Peruvian Blue Opal Necklace.


I'm working on 2 other items right now. One is an olive green sea glass necklace, the other is a re-make of a custom piece that I created a couple of years ago. It's a mixed metals, 3-D reversible piece that I used in my banner and avatar last year. It's actually one of my favorite necklaces. A client saw it on my flickr site and requested one as a special order! I love it when that happens. I'll post photos after I've completed it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces Sandy...I love smaller jewelry also...I especially like that blue opal.

    ReplyDelete