Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow Drift - Druzy Quartz Pendant


My goodness, there is some wicked weather across the country this winter! Loads of snow, ice, wind, blizzards and c..c..c..cold temps!
This weeks' theme Year of Jewelry Project is "Wild and Wicked". It's a tough theme for me, since I'm neither wild or wicked. But I had to think of something that is and came up with recent wicked weather patterns. This druzy quartz stone fit the theme beautifully with its' sparkly crystallized center looking like a giant snow drift!
I set it in a scalloped fine silver bezel and a sterling silver back plate. Then I polished all of the silver to a high shine and added a sparkly textured sterling silver chain. It takes me back to childhood memories of walking on top of crunchy, icy snow!
It's listed in my etsy shop here.

And some more photos for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment