Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Making Strides...


Against Breast Cancer... OK, here's my once per year plug ...

As a 2.5 year survivor, I'd like to remind everyone that breast cancer is still out there, it's serious and it needs to be stopped! The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is being held here in Bellevue, WA this coming Sunday, Oct 4th. Last year I walked, this year I'm going to be a volunteer "route marshal" during the walk but I'm still committed to raising funds for the cause! If you're so inclined, you can help me raise funds by going to this official site and donating here.

During my treatment, I received help from so many sources; family, friends, complete strangers, doctors, nurses, a whole host of other medical professionals, and from resources provided by the American Cancer Society. Now it's my turn to help out and give back. I am so blessed to be able to give back, but I'm still a long way from meeting my goal of $1000.-
If you're over 40, please don't forget to schedule your annual mammogram. Do it today, because someone loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 2.5 years...this is my 20th year as a survivor...YEA for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for us, indeed! Congrats to you, too - I wish you many more years of healthy survivorship!

    ReplyDelete