Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shopping for Stones!


Busy weekend! On Saturday, I was part of the Handmade Harvest open house with fellow etsyrain members.. The turnout was quite good and I sold many items and received a lot of positive feedback on my jewelry. It's always nice to have some on-the-spot feedback with buyers.
Today, I went to the Tacoma Gem Faire and came home with a new supply of wonderful stones! They're just waiting for me to bezel set into pendants and rings. The photo is of today's' take. Starting at 12 o'clock, the stones (on the outside) are: Spectrolite (Finland), Labradorite, Red Plume (TX), Owyee Jasper, Biggs Jasper, then 3 Koroit Opals in ironstone from Queensland, Australia, then ending with another labradorite. The center stones are a Purple Storm (UT) and a small lapis. I can't wait to start working with these new stones and letting them inspire me!
But first, I have some custom orders I need to work on next week. Then I can take some creative play time with my new stones. If you love one or more of these stones and want me to make something for you with it, just let me know and I'll reserve it for you. You can double click the photo for a close-up view.

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty, I am working hard to be happy for you without wanting them for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy Sandy, wish I could have gone. Those Labrodorite are flashing me, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stones Sandy! Looking forward to seeing what you make with these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments!
    Lisa, very funny!
    Kristi, the labradorites and the specrolite have amazing fire.
    Kathleen, I'm looking forward to creating with them. I'm sure you know this feeling - excited and a little overwhelmed/worried that I might not do them justice.

    ReplyDelete